My husband and I are trying to buy a house. We put in a very good offer on one particular house recently that was accepted, but then someone came in with an all-cash offer at the last minute and got the house instead of us. I am devastated (and then feel like a spoiled brat for feeling that way). The house is perfect – exactly what we want in every way. Here are my thoughts.
– We will never find something like this again in our price range.
– We can’t compete with all-cash offers – this process is pointless.
– It will take months or years to find something even close to this house.
– I’m a spoiled brat for being so upset about this.
– My husband (who isn’t that upset) just doesn’t get my taste/what I’m looking for.
I know that this circumstance is out of my control – I could not have convinced the buyer to choose us over an all-cash offer. But I wake up thinking about this house and cannot get it out of my mind. I want to move on so I can open my mind to new possibilities, but everything on the market can’t even compare to the house that I wanted.
Our plan was to move into a house this fall (and out of our small apartment) and now I don’t see that happening for a long time. How do I start practicing new thoughts and get out of this loop?