My son has been offered large scholarships to two universities, but we’re waiting for the financial aid offer from one of them so we can compare apples-to-apples. Per a phone convo with that school today, we will receive it Thursday or Friday. The deadline to commit and keep the scholarship is Friday! Yikes!
Here’s the model I have, and I’m struggling to find the result…
C: College commitment deadline is Friday, and the advisor said, “the award letter should arrive Thursday or Friday.”
T: That’s not enough time to make an informed decision
A: Spent hours crunching numbers, talk about it with others, sent emails to professionals asking advice, ruminate about how this choice will affect the next 4 years of his life and will affect how much debt he has when he’s done, shut down, buffer with social media
R: We will make a decision (?)
(I’m confused bc I feel like some of my actions are positive and some are negative. We WILL make a decision bc we have to or we lose the scholarships, but I feel like if we’re on a time constraint we might miss some details that could negatively impact us)