Multiple Job Offers


Thanks to the Get It Done work in September, I’m now expecting multiple job offers for the first time in my career!! It transformed the way I applied and interviewed for jobs.

I was hoping to submit this for the Live Coaching Call next week, but I think decisions may have to be made before then. I’m struggling with coming up with thoughts that make me feel like I’m in control of the situation and not give all my power to the companies I’m expecting job offers from. I’m also struggling to build a model because I don’t have a factual Circumstance to start with.

Unintentional Model:
C: I don’t have job offers from both companies
T: I might make the wrong decision
F: Anxious
A: Procrastinate in making a decision
R: Risk not getting either job

Intentional Model:
C: I don’t have job offers from both companies
T: I want to make a decision based all the information from both job offers.
F: In control
A: Ask Company A for time to consider their offer while I ask for Company B’s decision
R: Make my decision with all the information from both job offers.

Where I’m struggling is, if either company says no — to an extension (Company A) or providing their decision earlier than planned (Company B).