We’ve been sheltering in place since Mid March. We just got word that schools will not be opening back up until at least November.
At every juncture of an update or announcement from schools or my city, I feel like I’ve been running a marathon and the finish line keeps getting extended.
I feel disappointed, annoyed, frustrated, and powerless.
I know it’s because of the thoughts I’m thinking:
– This is never-ending.
– We’re going to be sheltering until 2021
– This isn’t healthy for my child
– We can’t afford this
– I’m exhausted and don’t know how I’ll continue this for 4 more months
I get that those are just thoughts.
And I can choose to think something else…
– I’m figuring this out
– It won’t always be like this
– I’m doing everything I can to keep my family safe
– My children will be okay in school or out of school
– I am making money and will continue to make money
But, I feel this awareness that I definitely want this “C” to “END!” …the sooner the better… so I can get back to normalcy.
I realize I’m resisting what is, with thoughts like that….