In my weight loss journey, these thoughts often come up:
– I better eat this while we have it
– I better eat some more now that I have begun
– I better hurry up and eat all this so I don’t have the temptation in the house anymore
– I might as well have some X now that I have eaten off protocol with Y already
– It can be ages until I get this again so I better have more than I really want, etc.
I think these can all be summed up in two “mentalities,” which are Scarcity and All or Nothing.
How can I best work on this? The Beliefs workbook? Another workbook?
All I have done so far is to stay present when doing the overeating and try to observe my thoughts.