So I buffer…a lot! I want to say that I’m very proud of the progress I’ve made over the last 15 years because I’ve already given up many buffers that no longer served me (i.e., recreational drugs, over drinking, smoking cigarettes, soda, caffeine, risky sexual behavior, etc.). But now I have 3 pretty obvious buffers still hanging on that I’d love to get rid of and not need anymore.
1. Overeating/Emotional Eating/Binges (sugar and flour)- which I am using Brooke’s Overeating material for and the SCS monthly topics
2. Procrastinating/Distracting (mostly with large amounts of TV/Netflix)
3. Online connections (chatting sexually, porn, websites, apps, etc.)
My question….do I tackle these all at once? I know our monthly topic about connection will have me facing stuff thats going on with the online connections but are there any other resources that talk about this specifically? Do I want to go through the mass of urges all together? Will this allow me more access to even more thoughts, feelings, etc? I have several fears-
1) It’s too hard and I can’t do it.
2) It’s like whack-a-mole, I’ll get rid of these and replace with new ones.
3) My life is so empty without these things…should I work on filling it first or will that not happen? I’m waiting to not need these things first….
BONUS POINTS- I realize that these are all thoughts! That I am creating this and I am perpetuating this. Having a hard time being decisive and facing life raw without any crutches. But I welcome all feedback, even if its yes, get rid of it all and practice thinking thoughts that make that possible. Thank you, deeply!